Persatuan Diabetes Malaysia Donation Appeal!
01 January 2013
1. What is this appeal for?
We are asking for donations to raise funds to support people living with diabetes in Malaysia.
2. How will the funds be used?
Funds raised will be used to fund diabetes education, awareness programs and community support.
This programs will be organized at the National, State and Districts levels by the PDM HQ and its 51 State and District Branches.
Key areas of expenditure for funds donated:
- To organize diabetes education programs
- To organize diabetes awareness programs
- To provide free meters, strips, pens, lancets needles etc. for poor and needy people (children and adults) with diabetes to enable them to regularly monitor their blood glucose levels.
- To print educational materials on prevention and control of diabetes.
- To provide free screening and counseling services to support children and adults with diabetes and their families.
3. If I send you a huge donation, do I get an invitation to properly handover the donation to the Association?
Yes, people who donate more than RM 5,000 will receive an invitation to make a ‘cheque presentation’ to Prof. Ikram Shah Ismail, President, PDM during the Annual Delegates Conference (May 2008) or World Diabetes Day (November 2008) or any Council Meeting held every three months.
4. Is this appeal tax deductible?
5. Will I receive a receipt for my donation?
Yes, you will receive a tax exempted receipt and an appreciation letter as soon as possible.
6. How to donate?
a) Donate by Mail
You can mail your donation to Persatuan Diabetes Malaysia.
1. Cheques should be made payable to Persatuan Diabetes Malaysia.
2. Write your full name, address and telephone no. on the backside of your cheque/bank draft
3. Mail the cheque to:
Persatuan Diabetes Malaysia
No. 2, Lorong 11/4E,
46200 Petaling Jaya,
Selangor Darul Ehsan
b) Donate by Direct Deposit/Telegraphic Transfer
The details are as follows:
Bank: AmBank (M) Berhad
Address: No. 6, Road 52/4, New Town Centre, 46200 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Tel. No. of Bank: (603) 7956 9077, 7956 9103, 79569748
Account Holder: Persatuan Diabetes Malaysia
Swift Code: ARBKMYKL
Bank Account Number: 040-201-200213-2
Please write your full name, address and telephone no. on the bank-in slip and fax it to PDM at fax no.: +603-7960 4514
c) Donate by CIMB Cares
The steps are:
1. Log on to CIMB Cares
2. Select Persatuan Diabetes Malaysia from the list under the heading Healthcare in the middle of the page.
3. You are re-directed to an online registration form. Fill in your personal details, the donation amount and your payment type, either via CIMB Clicks for CIMB Bank customers or Financial Process Exchange (FPX) for the customers of the other banks (you will be rerouted to your bank of choice).
The participating banks are:
- Bank Islam
- Hong Leong Bank
- Public Bank
- RHB Bank
4. Click “Submit”.
5. Enter your user ID and password.
6. Select account to “pay from” and click “Submit”.
7. Click to request for a TAC (Transaction Authorisation Code).
8. Fill in the TAC number and Click “Confirm”.
9. Print the Acknowledgement Page for future reference.
d) Donate by VISA/Mastercard Credit Card
1. Fill in the authorisation form (please download the authorisation from at the bottom of this page)
2. Fax the form to Persatuan Diabetes Malaysia at fax no.: +603-7960 4514
Thank you very much for your kind support!